SUBMIT A PROJECT PROPOSAL
The Paediatric Investigator Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) was founded in 1989 by a group of Canadian physicians with a passion for improving the care of children with infections. As a research network, PICNIC aims to co-operatively facilitate investigator-initiated studies in the field of paediatric infectious diseases. PICNIC studies strive for clinical relevance, scientific validity, and feasibility. In 2017, PICNIC became the research arm of the AMMI Canada Paediatric Committee with the goal of expanding our work and continuing to produce data which positively impacts the health of children.
- To facilitate communication among members with similar research interests.
- To focus on research questions which can best be answered via a multi-center collaboration.
- To promote collaboration with other research networks within and outside Canada, as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- To encourage and assist our members who are junior investigators in establishing themselves as independent investigators.
2022-2023 PICNIC EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Dr. Shaun Morris
MD, MPH, DTM&H, FRCPC
Dr. Jesse Papenburg
MD, MSc, FRCPC
Dr. Joan Robinson
Dr. Michael Prodanuk
MD, FRCPC, FAAP
Executive Committee Member-In-Training
Dr. Michelle Barton
MBBS, MSc, FIDSA
Executive Committee Member
Dr. Jeffrey Pernica
MD, MSc, FRCPC, DTMH
Executive Committee Member
Dr. Manish Sadarangani
BM BCh, FRCPC, DPhil
Dr. Mohamed Eltorki
MBChB, MSc, FRCPC
Dr. Srinivas Murthy
Dr. Peter Gill
MD, DPhil, MSc, FRCPC
The goal of the Member-in-Training position is to build the capacity of the next generation of Paediatric Infectious Disease and Microbiology research leaders through mentorship and participation in executive committee meetings, strategy, and decisions. The Member-in-Training position will be a full voting position for submitted research proposals. There will be 1 to 2 Members-in-Training on the executive committee at any point in time. The term will be for two years, and efforts will be made to stagger start dates such that each year a new Member-in-Training begins. In cases in which the Member-in-Training’s term extends into their post training period, their position on the PICNIC executive committee can continue until the end of the two-year term. The role and responsibility of the Member-in-Training may include but is not restricted to:
- Be a member of AMMI Canada
- Participate in research projects
- Attend the AMMI Canada conference to attend the PICNIC meeting
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings of the Executive Committee
- Promote PICNIC visibility among trainees
- Coordinate content and updates for social media accounts (eg. X/Twitter) and the PICNIC webpage on the AMMI Canada website with the AMMI Canada secretariat.
Trainees interested in this position will be asked to apply with a short statement outlining their interest and goals at least one month prior to the AMMI Canada-CACMID Annual Conference. They should include their CV and a Letter of Support from a PICNIC member. The PICNIC executive will review applicants at the AMMI Canada – CACMID Annual Conference and select the successful candidate(s) who will be notified within one week of the conference.