Infectious Disease SpecialistThe Moncton Hospital, - Moncton, NB
The Moncton Hospital, a facility within Horizon Health Network, is recruiting an Infectious Disease Specialist. The hospital functions as a tertiary referral center for Infectious Diseases for Eastern New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, and is the principal HIV referral center for the Province.
The Moncton Hospital offers excellent opportunities for teaching and clinical research and has academic affiliation with Dalhousie University. The hospital is one of the largest employers within metro Moncton, employing 3,000 staff and physicians.
HOURS OF WORK
- Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- On-call coverage in coordination with the other members of the Department of Internal Medicine.
A typical weekly schedule will include:
- On-call coverage in coordination with other members of the Department
- Daily inpatient rounds
- Inpatient consultations
- Hospital-based clinics
- Office hours
- Involvement in teaching residents and medical students
- NCIC affiliated and opportunities exist for research
- The Department of Internal Medicine requires that its members practicing have passed the examinations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the examination of la Corporation professionnelle des médecins du Québec. In circumstances where no Canadian trained applicants are available, the Department will consider physicians with American Boards who are able to obtain licensure in the State of Main. In special circumstances, foreign graduates who qualify for licensure in the Province of New Brunswick will be considered.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick. https://www.cpsnb.org/
Applicants are invited to forward their CV along with three references.