Co-Medical Director, Infection Prevention Control (IPC) Covenant Health - Edmonton, aB
Covenant Health invites applications for the medical leadership position of Co-Medical Director, Infection Prevention Control (IPC). This leadership position provides services across all Covenant sites, and the responsibilities can be performed remotely in collaboration with their colleague Co-Medical Director, IPC located at the Misericordia Hospital.
This is a one year, 0.30 FTE LOCUM opportunity from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform the role of Co-Medical Director, IPC for all Covenant Health sites.
- Link with the Medical Officers of Health, as required.
- Work with the Co-Medical Director, IPC; ACMO Quality & Wellness; Corporate Director and Manager IPC; and the Infection Control Practitioners to ensure a comprehensive IPC program is delivered effectively, as per Alberta Health IPC Standards.
- Work closely with the Alberta Health Services IPC program to align and integrate Covenant Health IPC Policies and Procedures with AHS Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in IPC Team Meetings.
- Be actively involved with the Covenant Health Infection Control Committees (ICC), providing feedback and/or guidance.
- Communicate and encourage engagement and cooperation of Medical Staff in IPC initiatives.
- Work with Strategic Analytics and the ICPs to ensure quarterly IPC dashboards are developed and communicated to all programs/sites.
- Work with Strategic Analytics and the IPCs to ensure other annual surveillance reports, as determined by IPC program i.e.Antibiotic Resistant Organisms, C. Difficile and Surgical Site Infections are developed and communicated, as required.
- Work with the respective ICPs and programs to participate in IPC quality initiatives to improve surveillance results.
- Participate in the development of an IPC Board Report on a quarterly basis.
- Provide feedback and support for IPC Policies and Procedures and ensure that they are consistent across all sites.
- Participate in all Accreditation Canada activities as appropriate.
- Provide Medical Leadership and guidance for new IPC initiatives that Covenant Health and/or Alberta Health Services may establish.
Dr. Jennine Wismark
Associate Chief Medical Office, Quality & Wellness, Covenant Health