Medical Microbiologist ConsultantShared Hospital Lab - Toronto, ON
Medical Microbiologist (0.5 FTE) clinical academic appointment for Shared Hospital Lab, a not-for-profit lab operated by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, North York General Hospital, Michael Garron Hospital and Scarborough Health Network. It is one of the largest hospital laboratories in Ontario. Shared Hospital Lab currently has 4 clinical/medical microbiologists, and up to 150 FTE labs MLT/MLAs on staff. Expansion of the molecular virology service due to the ongoing pandemic has been dramatic and the laboratory has a COVID-19 processing capacity of approximately 10,000 tests per day. The microbiology laboratory is based in a modern facility, equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Diagnostic services include general bacteriology, mycology, and virology (molecular based).
• Medical microbiologist certified or eligible for certification, in Medical Microbiology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or equivalent.
• MD or equivalent degree, and must be eligible for licensure by The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, M.D.FRCP(C) with certification in Microbiology and an academic appointment.
• Academically-oriented candidate with strong microbiology skills
• 3 years’ experience in Clinical Microbiology, preferred.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
• Demonstrated leadership competencies and excellent organization skills
• Demonstrated teaching skills
Interested candidate are asked to submit a resume to the Medical Director of Shared Hospital Laboratory, Dr. Kevin Katz.