MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGISTHealth PEI - Charlottetown, PEI
Health PEI is seeking a Medical Microbiologist to join our laboratory team of six Pathologists, one Haematopathologist and one Clinical Chemist. Clinical infectious disease experience would be an asset and support of the antibiotic stewardship program is expected. The main work location will be the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, located in the province’s capital city of Charlottetown, and a secondary location at Prince County Hospital in Summerside. There is bacteriology and COVID-19 molecular testing at both sites. Mycology, serology and a breadth of molecular testing are also provided in Charlottetown.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of remuneration for regular day time hours by
• Salary, class IV specialist salary, $373,362 annually with salaried employee benefits or
• Contract for service, $228.08 per hour for a maximum of 1,725 hours annually (no benefits)
• On-call retainer plus fee for service for after-hours on-call
• Fee for service for after-hours emergency infectious diseases consultations.
Hours of Work (excluding after hours on-call):
• Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
• Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their CV.
Physician Recruitment Coordinator PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat