MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGISTWestern University - London, ON
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, London Health Sciences Centre, and St. Joseph’s Health Care, is seeking a Medical Microbiologist for a full-time clinical academic appointment.
The Medical Microbiologist will hold a full-time Limited Term Clinical Academic appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor, depending upon experience and qualifications at the time of appointment. Medical microbiologist candidates must be certified or eligible for certification, in Medical Microbiology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or equivalent. They must have an MD or equivalent degree, and must be eligible for licensure by The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- The successful candidate will work within a group of microbiologists to provide oversight of the microbiology laboratory testing.
- The development, evaluation and validation of new test methodologies and communicating with end-users regarding test interpretation and utilization.
- Experience and/or interest in infection control will be beneficial; mentorship and support will be provided if needed.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the Infection Prevention and Control program.
With career progression, the successful candidate may be required to participate in.
- providing oversight of diagnostic services which include general bacteriology, mycology, parasitology, serology, and virology (molecular based) as well as the Infection Prevention and Control service across sites.
- developing relevant program protocols and procedures and research initiatives.
- overseeing relevant program clinical impact; collaboration and engagement; education; surveillance etc.
- the development and oversight of the relevant departmental quality program.
After Hours On-call Service
- The successful candidate is expected to participate in a shared after hours on-call service.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and email addresses of three references
Dr. Subrata Chakrabarti, Chair/Chief,
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
Western University, London, ON
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Review of applications will begin after December 5, 2021.
Expected start date is February 1, 2022 or as negotiated.