INFECTIOUS DISEASE SPECIALISTHealth PEI - Charlottetown, PEI
Infectious Disease Specialists are responsible to provide consultation on patients with complex infectious diseases in the ambulatory and inpatient settings including but not limited to:
- Nosocomial infections
- Hepatitis C
- Mycobacterial infections
- Antibiotic resistant organisms
- Parasitic and tropical infections
- Respiratory viruses including SARS CoV-2
- Provide advice on antibiotic choice, delivery method and duration. NB formal antimicrobial stewardship is not considered part of this role
- Provide clinical advice on outbreaks. NB formal infection prevention and control is not considered part of this role
In addition this role will be essential in assessing the additional needs for infectious diseases physicians in PEI and helping to grow the program.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract-for-service, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; hourly contract-for-service rate; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work (excluding after-hours on-call):
Full-time hours (37.5 hours per week) and on-call coverage as required
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
• Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their CV.
Physician Recruitment Coordinator PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat